i can watch but not take part where i end and where you start - an attempt to run a study blog

Thursday, May 4

Much Overdue: The Introduction, Chapter One (sliiightly updated)

You dont even know how much you want this, ladies and gentlemen.
Lets start with the basics: I am swedish, in a lot of ways. Im 24 going on 25, and Im not stressing about it nearly enough. Apperently, Im a RGLDf (the Windowshopper) and not proud of it.
Im studying linguistics, and I cant get this song out of my head. Im a caffeinist, and a nicotinist (of this, Im not too proud either). I do like, and can get a bit too excited about "nerdy things", good or different movies and music. Whenever I get my nose out of out of schoolbooks, it ends up in other books, magazines or (mostly) in front of shows I enjoy.
At the moment, I live with two guys, of which none is my boyfriend. Apart from the sitcomical aspects of this, it is both good and bad, I suppose.
Im an only child, parents still together, and this sorta makes me out to be a spoiled brat who believes in true love. That is not the case. Though I do find it hard to be an open cynic. I cant help but feel like that is "giving up". Whatever dark thoughts that stirs within me, are my own.

Im horribly unorganized, always doing things in the last minute and thru out gradeschool I kept hearing "We know you can do better, if you try", and apperently, that didnt mean I was doing bad. I like to think that I have the ideas of an underachiever with the mad skills of an overachiever (that kicks in way too late)..Or was it the other way around..?

Im easily frightened, mostly by myself (and the scenarios I make up) and by two asian horrormovies. The fact that I sometimes suffer from sleep paralysis, doesnt really help, but somehow makes it easier. Less crazy.

I discovered that the most provocative thing you can be, is unprovocable. Im not easily impressed, angered or insulted. As long as everyone gets to play by the same rules, Im ok with a lot of things.

One of the areas where I do get a bit stingy, is equalism. There's a lot of things I want to do, and Im hoping to publish a book at some point. Sadly, it would only be read by the people who doesnt need to read it.

Now, I have lab reports to write, books to read, and a head to rest. End of transmission.

73 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool post dudette. men är det meningen att varannan post är med liten text och varannan med normal. den lilla är lite ansträngande för ögonen.
love: Nancha

ed said...

det är lite tjafsigt, det där. På mina datorer är den lilla fortfarande jättestor.

Tanvir said...

Stop using frickin' alien languages! Stick to Anglish, plz.

:)

1. Geeks (yes, you're a geek, NOT a nerd) pwn.
2. Less stimulating substances at evening/night time makes it easier to sleep. No coffee or coke (I know I was being vague by writing "substances" and even more vague by writing "coke", but I mean the good kind) before sleepy sleepy time. And try not to eat before you sleep either. I think one sleeps better when the heart rate is normal too, so it's best to just relax your body and your soul before you go to bed. Going to sleep while angry is not something to recommend.
Don't know if that'll help, but it might.
3. I know what you did last summer
4. I know what you are doing this summer
5. I should start blogging again. I was going to blog today, and I had the perfect topic and everything (that I thought out on the way back home in the subway), but as usual, I don't feel like blogging. Just logging on to blogger.com doesn't feel fun anymore. I like e-mailing a lot more. And commenting. Commenting rules!
6. I listened to the song that you had in your head and then pasted it in an IRC channel and got no reaction. Then that song was stuck in my head. Then I started commenting on your post and the song disappeared. Maybe I didn't listen to it long enough. It sounded Finnish. Was it in Finnish? Are you Finnish? Am I finished? I think so.
Bye.

ed said...

Ill mangle all kindsa lingua I like. Thats what keeps it fun, ne?
Geeks, Nerds, Potato, you know? Sleeping stopped being a problem when stress ceased, but sleep paralysis is a neurological condition, and unless youre doing harder coke (and friends of it) you cant get hallucinations of caffeine. Try as I might. SP (or "night terrors") is a gift and a curse. Mostly the latter.
And on blogging, a) youre comments are so long they could technically pass as posts b) ask yourself why you want to blog, and stick with that answer. Or..Helped me atleast. Ta 'ra.

Anonymous said...

(on the note of that song. i could only regocnize one finnish word in it which was "kukka" meaning flower. could be some kind of old folksong or it could be from Estonia or something... just so you know/Nanchan (a real finn)

ogma said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaand when did you start with linguistics? jesus. will you marry me? did you know i have a degree in that thing?

ed said...

I did not, but thats awesome. You can help me pass phonetics or something?

Anonymous said...

Jmgveo write more, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Anonymous said...

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Anonymous said...

A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.

Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

640K ought to be enough for anybody. - Bill Gates 81

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

Anonymous said...

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Anonymous said...

Beam me aboard, Scotty..... Sure. Will a 2x10 do?

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

Save the whales, collect the whole set

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies

Anonymous said...

Calvin, we will not have an anatomically correct snowman!

Anonymous said...

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Anonymous said...

Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.

Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

640K ought to be enough for anybody. - Bill Gates 81

Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Save the whales, collect the whole set

Anonymous said...

Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.

Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

Anonymous said...

A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.

Anonymous said...

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Anonymous said...

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Anonymous said...

A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.

Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

Blog Archive