i can watch but not take part where i end and where you start - an attempt to run a study blog

Monday, February 5

For all the starlets

Oh how I wish I could be you. I used to be just like you, you know. All fizz and smiles, stars in eyes, with an air of cool, not because I needed to impress, but I honestly didnt care whatever opinion you had of me. The less I cared, the more they cheered. I was clever, fun, naturally thin and pretty, why would I care? About what, exactly?
There was no global warning (or, as long as you werent china or marge simpson, you were fine), I was gonna quit smoking anyways, noone gets hurt as long as youre honest, I dont get hurt as long as I stay sharp.
My excuses were many and weak, people were upset and there, I thinks, it started.

The realisation of not everyone is invincible.

I was ok with that, I saw people acting a lot worse than me. Then remembering my dads words; 'you should never compare yourself with the people finishing the race last, youre better than that'. I wasnt.

Point being; I am now.
But by Gid, god or gudrun, what toll its taken.

I wanna be a starlet again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome baxk, pretty lady. hugs: nanchan

Anonymous said...

yar, fuck starlets too. come be a drunken metal worker with me, we'll get tattoos.

Blog Archive